With optional workouts underway and mandatory training camp right around the corner, the time for jobs to be won (and lost) is upon us. With the Philadelphia Eagles undergoing a bit of a youth movement this past offseason, the expectation is that “competition” will be the primary theme of the summer.
With that in mind, there are a handful of players who need to find a way to impress the team’s new-look coaching staff, if they wish to remain on the roster come September.
3 Philadelphia Eagles who need to impress during training camp:
JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR
More from Section 215
- 4 Eagles on the Bubble Who Have Clinched Their 53-Man Roster Spots
- Best Pennsylvania Sportsbook Promos: Win $650 GUARANTEED Bonus PLUS $100 off NFL Sunday Ticket
- 3 Punters the Eagles Must Target to Replace Arryn Siposs
- Cowboys Trey Lance Trade Proves How Screwed They Are With Dak Prescott
- Devon Allen Took Britain Covey’s Job on Eagles
Not only has he failed to make an impact on the field two years in a row, but the organization has spent back to back first-round picks on the WR position since JJAW’s initial 2019 selection. It’s no secret that the team hasn’t been pleased with their receiving production as of late.
While cutting JJAW might be an obvious decision for a majority of the fanbase, there’s still a path onto the main roster for the Stanford product if Nick Sirianni ends up taking a liking to him during camp. Neither DeVonta Smith or Jalen Reagor are prototypical “X receivers,” and someone like Travis Fulgham has to prove his own respective value as well.
If JJAW emerges as the team’s top X receiver this summer, he could definitely sneak his way onto the 53-man.