The Eagles are favored. The Saints can’t play in cold weather. Nick Foles and Drew Brees went to the same high school. Chip Kelly has no playoff experience, while Sean Payton is a Superbowl-winning coach. Throw it all out, because tonight at 8:10 p.m. when the Eagles-Saints NFC wild-card matchup kicks off, none of the talk matters–the performance does.
One thing I will say is that I am having a tough time finding a scenario where Jimmy Graham doesn’t tear up the Eagles secondary. I think that the Eagles can try to jam him at the line and put double-coverage on him, but I’m just not sure that the Eagles have the personal defensively, to keep Brees and Graham from connecting. How the Eagles control the rest of the Saints offense and respond offensively, will likely decide who wins this game.
I also don’t like the seeming cockiness from everyone that the Eagles are a lock to win just because of the weather conditions. The Saints did win three games on the road this season, and while none of those were against winning teams, I’m not sold that tonight won’t be the first against a winning team.
I hope I’m completely wrong, and the Saints can’t keep up with the Eagles in the weather. But as it is, I think the Saints score the last points of the game in the third quarter, of an offensively frustrating game, to win 20-14. There’s no saying that the Eagles offensive momentum isn’t going to be affected by the cold as well.
Below tonight’s programming guide and some other Eagles related links, including predictions and previews from other Section 215 staff members.
Start Time: Coverage begins at 7:30, kickoff scheduled for 8:10 PM EST.
Where to watch online: NFL.com Live Stream
Radio: Sports Radio 94.1 FM WIP
Important Eagles Links
- Semi-Coherent Philadelphia Eagles Vs. New Orleans Saints Preview: The One Where They Begin A Run To The Superbowl
- New Orleans Saints’ Pierre Thomas OUT Vs. Philadelphia Eagles
- Billy Vs. The Beast: How Can The Eagles’ defense slow down Jimmy Graham?
- Why The Eagles Will Cover The Spread Against The Saints
- Eagles-Saints Tickets Are The Most Expensive Of Wild-Card Weekend
- Brees Speaks Highly About Foles
- Philadelphia Police Dressing Up As Saints Fans Won’t Stop All Violence